There are still places available on an Emergency First Aid in Football (Level 2) course that is being run by West Riding FA this summer.
It takes place at the County FA's headquarters on Sunday 11th August, 2019, from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
The FA EFAiF Course is a sports first aid course aimed at ‘lay first aiders’, specifically coaches, teachers, parents and volunteers, who are responsible for the provision of emergency first aid when supporting football activities.
Its aims are:
* To provide the learner with an understanding of the general duties, responsibilities and treatment principles of first aid within the football environment;
* To provide learners with the basic knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to recognise and manage life and limb threatening injuries and the ability to offer basic first aid.
On completion of the course, the learner should be able to:
* Describe the duties, responsibilities, general treatment principles and priorities of emergency care provision in the football setting;
* Describe the elements of pre-event preparation (EAP) in relation to emergency care provision in football;
* Carry out the emergency procedures taught on the course that would deal with a life or limb threatening injury presented to them in football inclusive of sudden cardiac arrest, catastrophic bleeding and other medical emergencies;
* Have knowledge and management of airway and cervical spine issues that may arise in football;
* Have knowledge and understanding of The FA concussion guidelines and have completed the on-line course prior to attending the EFAiF course.
The course aims and objectives focus on the need to provide the learner with sufficient knowledge and skills to identify life and limb threatening injury in football.
The aims and objectives are also directed towards a learner identifying the need for an injured or ill player to be referred to a hospital, for medical management by an appropriate healthcare professional.
The cost to take part is £75 and please click here
for more information as well as further details about the course.