| News | League News | Season 2020/21 | Update on Tier 3 COVID-19 area match guidance
League News for
Update on Tier 3 COVID-19 area match guidance
1st November, 2020
Here is the guidance for football matches taking place in Tier 3 COVID-19 restricted areas, including those clubs affected in the Toolstation NCEL.
South Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire entered the stricter regulations last month whilst West Yorkshire, who were due to join them on Monday (2nd), will now stay in Tier 2 until the national lockdown begins on Thursday (5th).
The following advice has been given for teams in Tier 3 or travelling to a Tier 3 area - the "very high" category of Covid alert:
* Football at Steps 5 and 6 can continue;
* The government's Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) are happy for players from lower risk areas to travel to Tier 3 areas to play football. Concerns and nervousness amongst players and officials are understood but if all risk assessments and guidance are followed then the risk is still "very low";
* Club officials and league officials are also allowed to travel into Tier 3 areas;
* Home fans can attend Tier 3 matches but must adhere to the "Rule of 6" and all other social distancing guidelines;
* Away fans from Tier 1 and 2 areas must not travel to games in Tier 3 areas;
* Supporters should not travel from one Tier 3 area to another Tier 3 area;
* Majority of clubhouses at Tier 3 clubs must close. Some clubs have been able to serve alcohol at snack bars but clubs are urged to check with their local authority to see if this is acceptable for them as every area is different.
The Toolstation NCEL's priority is the safety and wellbeing of everyone involved in and watching our matches and we will let you know of any changes to this guidance as situations alter.